SFPS Campus Security
There are 5 key strategies for School Site Security:
1. Training all school staff on violence prevention, threat assessment, and incident response best practices.
2. Evaluating and refining school security measures and planning ahead.
3. Updating and exercising school emergency preparedness plans.
4. Strengthening partnerships with public response agencies like Santa Fe Police and Fire.
5. Creating and enhancing incident communications plans and social media strategies.
There are 5 main elements in campus safety:
1. Single point access for everyone needing school access. Everyone except students, must enter through a single access and sign in and out for each visit.
2. School visitors are screened by school staff before being allowed to enter the main campus areas.
3. A system of cameras, radios, alarms and other security measure are in place to maintain the integrity of school safety.
4. Security teams are in place to provide direct school support and all middle and high school campuses have on site security during the school day, during athletic events, and an on-call rover monitors all campuses over night.
5. Properly equipped and prepared school personnel are ready to handle any safety threat.