SFPS is 16% Solar Powered!!
Santa Fe Public Schools - Solar PV Program
1.5 megawatts of SFPS owned solar photovoltaic (PV) generation capacity, as of January 2017:
• Ramirez Thomas Elementary - 104 kw parking canopy (Nov 2016)
SFPS Solar PV Program Facts
• Santa Fe High School - 867 kw ground mount; powers 65% of Santa Fe High, Chaparral Elem, ECO Campus, and Facility and Maintenance Building (Oct 2016)
• Acequia Madre Elementary – 26 kw shade structure (Mar 2015)
• Atalaya Elementary – 39 kw shade structure (Nov 2015)
• Capital High School – 196 kw ground mount (Oct 2015)
• Pinon Elementary – 46 kw shade structure (Sept 2015)
• El Camino Real Academy – 75 kw parking canopy (July 2014)
• Nina Otero Community School – 63 kw parking canopy (July 2014)
• Amy Biehl Community School – 74 kw rooftop (April 2013)
• El Dorado Community School – 2.6 kw side of building (2011)
• Gonzales Community School – 3.1 kw side of building and pole mount (Jan 2011)
• Santa Fe High – 4 kw ground mount (Sept 2010)
• At 1.572 lbs. of carbon per kwh generated by PNM, our solar arrays eliminate more than 4 million pounds of carbon from entering the atmosphere every year.
• At .4 gallons of water used per kwh generated by PNM, the solar arrays save more than 1 million gallons of water every year – and we’ve only just begun!
• These arrays also create an average of $170,000 in annual savings to the Operational Budget, directing more tax dollars to teaching and learning and the classroom!
All SFPS facilities and properties are being assessed for solar PV compatibility.
SFPS is continually exploring new funding sources to finance new solar PV systems. SFPS’ newest solar PV projects (nearly 1 megawatt) were funded through the state of New Mexico’s Clean Energy Revenue Bond (CERB). This bond program allows the electric bill cost savings to pay for the new solar systems – with no capital expenditure from SFPS! With these most recent solar PV projects completed in November, 2016, SFPS is now 16% solar powered!!
Refer to the Energy & Water Monitoring Dashboards to see how much energy each solar PV system generates.