Family and Community Engagement
Director of Family and Community Engagement
Community engagement is an integral piece of education. Strong school communities create strong students. This requires that many people work together as a team to create strong school communities. Our partners are students, teachers, administrators, staff, families, volunteers, and community partners coming together in support of students.
Community partners work together to help promote the health, well being, and learning of all students. When schools actively involve the community and their resources we are able to respond more effectively to the needs of students. Parents provide an important partnership with our schools. When families are engaged it helps children to grow & learn exponentially.
The Director of Family & Community Engagement is responsible for:
Community Engagement Efforts
Family Engagement Efforts
Parent & Community Communication
- Incident (Bully, Harassment, Hazing) Response Process
- Manage ongoing Parent Academy and parent events/workshops/tours.
- Increase communication to parents and the community through school newsletters/fliers.
- Increase communication to parents and the community through the website/social media.
- Provide resources and ease of access to parents and the community through our website and kiosk at each site.
- Gain feedback and support parent teacher organizations in expanding and growing.
- Poster campaign on how families can get involved.
- Ensure equity of access to resources and information at each school site.
- Encourage more communication out to families from each school site including home visits.
- Develop new local partnerships in support of our schools and families.
- Increase the access to meals for students.